Monday, October 24, 2011

Привет!

Hi, and welcome to my blog! My name is Nadezhda, which means "Hope." Americans seem to like nicknaming me "Dezhi," so whatever makes them happy! I just arrived to America from Kazan, Russia, to live with my mama and half-sister, Wynna. She goes by "Winnie" which is so funny- isn't that a bear cartoon?! But I try not to laugh at her. 



My sister was very interested in the contents of my carry-on bag that arrived with me today. (The rest of my luggage is coming late- what can you expect from Lufthansa airlines?) Anyway, she thought it would be a good first blog post to show my treasures. My backpack has a keychain with my name on it- if it looks hard to read that's because it's in Cyrillic, the Russian alphabet. 


This pouch holds my phone and paintbrush- my two essentials. I love to paint and I love to talk! I realise only now I'll have to change the address in my bookbag- it's no longer going to say Nastavnikov St. House 4 Apartment 12, Kazan! Hello, USA!


My last two treasures are my icon and my doll. Aren't they pretty? I'm Russian Orthodox Christian and we pray before icons as a form of veneration to the saints. My icon depicts the Virgin Mary, and Jesus. My doll's name is Sveta. She was a present from my father before he passed away earlier this year..



I look forward to getting to know you! 

Kisses from, Dezhi

(P.S.- Mama is helping me with my English, I am still learning!)

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to meet you, Dezhi! You are very pretty in your photos and from this post you sound like a very nice girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Dezhi! I'm Hodel! I'm from Ukraine, and I speak Russian too! I hope you like it in America. It's really different, and it takes a lot of getting used to, but you'll like it. I promise!

    Your mama and half-sister sound very nice.

    Thank you for introducing yourself,
    Hodel Enye Yanovic

    ReplyDelete