Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Battling Homesickness!

Mama let me hang up my favourite poster today. This summer I went to a concert called Europa Plus Live. Sergey Lazarev, Dima Bilan, Timati, Nyusha, and MakSim are some of the best and most popular artists. It was so cool to see them in person, and I bought this poster! Now when I look at this poster I will be reminded of home. Hopefully it will help me not miss it so much!


It also really helps to have Winnie to hang out with. She has told me what it was like for her when she moved to America and some of her feelings are exactly the same! But I tried to play some of my music for her and she wrinkled her nose. She doesn't like music if she can't understand it! I've tried to teach her some phrases of Russian, but she's not too interested...


Kiss, Dezhi


2 comments:

  1. It is hard to come from a foreign land to the US and specially when you do not know the language .. hopefully you can learn English fast. I have two sisters who are half Russian and used to be able to read and write Russian as well as speak it, Mama used to read and write Russian too .. but that was a long time ago.

    Welcome to the USA and cannot wait to see more of your blogging ..

    Laters,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homesickness isn't fun. When I first moved to America, it was really weird and I didn't like it. Ask your sister if she wants to go out of the house and do something fun! My neighbors took me bowling and to a movie. They didn't really like bowling, but I had never done it before, and it was fun to try something new.

    I hope you feel better! Does Winnie know Welsh? Maybe you could trade words, and she can learn some Russian, and you can learn some Welsh!

    ReplyDelete